Happy late 6th birthday my big boy. It's so hard to believe that you're 6. Seems just like yesterday that you blessed this world. I thought I would spend some time talking about your birthday, about you, and the great winter we had this year (almost 50 inches of snow in total).
Well -- for your actual birthday, we had so much fun. It was a normal school day for you. Daddy drove you to school and had a little surprise for you. You received 6 Ten Kai knights, which is your latest obsession and were very excited to build them. Daddy came to read to your class in the afternoon. Per your request, I dressed up like Thor with a blonde wig, hammer and all, armed with cup cakes and your favorite transformer book. You met me at the front office and were so happy -- it was really so cute to see your face. You walked me back to your class and everyone was sitting on the floor. Everyone wanted to touch the hammer and asked if my hair was real! We then read almost the entire transformer book before we broke out the cupcakes. After eating, I got to read one more story and you sat in a chair next to me and I let you hold the hammer. I love to see your face at that moment. As your father, I can tell you that I have an incredible sense of pride of seeing the great big boy that you are becoming. There is nothing greater in life, then to know that this little person if your midst, will one day grow up to be bigger than I could ever be. You're so smart and thoughtful Rohin. Being your daddy is one of the greatest honors I have ever had in life.
After the school day, we drove to mommy's office, where you got to build your Ten Kai knights on the floor with daddy, as mommy worked. Uncle Dow was there too -- which was really fun. We then went home and had a great little party with the Larsons, Ammuma, Tha Tha, Sadhana and of course your brother and sister and mommy and daddy. You all played outside and then came in and played with your robots. We had wonderful ice cream cake (thank you mommy) and you cut a gigantic piece that you went off with -- with a big smile on your face. We had so much fun. And the best part is that we have another party on Sunday at Lifetime Fitness! So more to come!
On the winter front, I have to say that I had the most fun this winter than I have had since I was about your age Rohin. To say it was magical would be an understatement. We had so many fun memories this year -- in fact -- the most magical. A couple of quick stories. One of them was we went to the farm when it was snowing and the pond was frozen. I spent hours with you, Talin and grandpa outside, pushing you with my foot on the sleds across the ice and then dug an ice cave in front of the fire that papa put outside in a fire put. Other memories was sledding down our back hill on the saucers (and even our front hill). We went so far that we went from the top of the hill to the maple tree in the middle of the yard
Let's see -- I'm so late posting this -- so many things have happened. We rented a house on the Susquehana river this spring and went to Hershey park -- which was so fun! You love roller coasters! We spent a lot of time on the farm this year visiting grandma and grandpa and are going to have a great summer!
Love love you Rohinder! I'll write more here soon.
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment